AWS DevOps Engineer for IoT/AI Platform
Join a top-notch analytics team using AI to optimize manufacturing plant operations in real time. Genesis is our IoT platform deployed at multiple plants for a Fortune 100 manufacturer. It processes their factory data in real time with proprietary AI algorithms to increase plant uptime while also reducing maintenance costs. It’s cognitive diagnostics engines enable junior technicians to do the work of senior techs. The platform technology is based on Georgia Tech research in the IoT/AI/ML technical verticals that has produced proprietary data modeling algorithms and methodologies driving automated decision science frameworks. We are located adjacent to the Georgia Tech campus in Tech Square, the epicenter of Atlanta's technology boom.
AWS DevOps Engineer for Deployed IoT/AI Platform
Company OverviewCome join a top-notch analytics team now solving real world problems in manufacturing. Our cloud platform, Genesis, is deployed. It processes factory data in real time with proprietary AI algorithms to increase plant uptime while reducing maintenance costs. Its cognitive diagnostics engines enable junior technicians to do the work of senior techs. Genesis enables real-time continuous monitoring of factory equipment and process data across all plant to increase uptime and reduce associated maintenance costs. The platform technology is based on Georgia Tech research in the IoT/AI/ML technical verticals that has produced proprietary data modeling algorithms and methodologies driving automated decision science frameworks. We are located adjacent to the Georgia Tech campus with offices at Tech Square, mid-town Atlanta.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer/developer to join our data science team updating and maintaining our IoT/AI platform on AWS. You will be responsible for the following:
- Design enterprise cloud technical strategy
- Define and document cloud solution architecture(s) including technical designs and diagrams.
- Design and deploy dynamically scalable and highly available services on AWS
- Build and deploy production systems in AWS
- Design infrastructure as code structure including Terraform
- Devise enterprise strategies around containerization, serverless and API management.
- Design cloud network connectivity architecture.
Job Specific Skills and Qualifications
Strong Experience configuring and deploying applications in Amazon Cloud using core features of that environment such as:
- EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, ECS, VPC
- Elasticache, Redshift, Lambda, API Gateway
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Experience with Amazon API’s for integration
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience maintaining and administering software build systems like Jenkins
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on software development coding experience.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience implementing AWS including use of AWS APIs
- Strong knowledge of tools, and software & services vendors
- Extensive work experience in a client delivery role
- Fluent in English
- US citizen, or visa in place that permits you to work in US
- Work in Atlanta, or willing to relocate
- Great analytical thought process for resolving software problems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within development teams
- Driven to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Passion for delivering high quality technical solutions
- A natural enthusiasm and ability to learn cutting edge technologies
- Competitive base salary
- Eligible for annual bonus based on company performance
- Flexible paid ten vacation days, five personal days and five holidays
- Stock options
- Medical insurance, United Health Care Platinum Plan
- Dental insurance
- High growth organization, rapid advancement opportunities, merit based
- Highly collaborative, positive work culture