AWS DevOps Engineer for AI Platform
AWS DevOps Engineer for Deployed Cloud Platform
Company OverviewJoin a world-class software development team and help build GENESIS, our cloud platform that is proving IoT/AI/ML can successfully take manufacturing operations to the next level. GENESIS is now deployed at multiple manufacturing plants. It processes plant data in real time to increase operating uptime while also reducing maintenance costs. Its cognitive diagnostics engines enable junior technicians to do the work of senior techs. Underlying GENESIS technology is based on Georgia Tech research. We are located adjacent to the Georgia Tech campus in Tech Square, the epicenter of Atlanta's technology boom.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer/developer to join our data science team updating and maintaining our IoT/AI platform on AWS. It's and enterprise level web application using a serverless architecture. Our current app receives 1 million requests per day, and needs to be able to dynamically scale to meet demand. Our solution needs to have enterprise level monitoring, along with fully automated deployment. You will be responsible for the following:
- Design/coordinate enterprise cloud technical strategy
- Define and document cloud solution architecture(s) including technical designs and diagrams.
- Design and deploy dynamically scalable and highly available services on AWS
- Build and deploy production systems in AWS
- Design infrastructure as code structure including Terraform
- Devise enterprise strategies around containerization, serverless and API management.
- Design cloud network connectivity architecture.
Job Specific Skills and Qualifications
Strong Experience configuring and deploying applications in Amazon Cloud using core features of that environment such as:
- EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, ECS, VPC
- Elasticache, Redshift, Lambda, API Gateway
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Experience with Amazon API’s for integration
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience maintaining and administering software build systems like Jenkins
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on software development coding experience.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience implementing AWS including use of AWS APIs
- Strong knowledge of tools, and software & services vendors
- Extensive work experience in a client delivery role
- Fluent in English
- US citizen, or visa in place that permits you to work in US
- Work in Atlanta, or willing to relocate
- Great analytical thought process for resolving software problems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within development teams
- Driven to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Passion for delivering high quality technical solutions
- A natural enthusiasm and ability to learn cutting edge technologies
- Competitive base salary
- Eligible for annual bonus based on company performance
- Paid ten vacation days, five personal days for any use, and five national holidays, flexible overall
- Stock options
- Medical insurance, United Health Care Platinum Plan
- Dental insurance
- High growth organization, rapid advancement opportunities, merit based
- Highly collaborative, positive work culture