Mechanical Engineer for AI Platform
Company OverviewJoin a top-notch analytics team now solving real world problems in manufacturing with Genesis, our proprietary Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning big data platform that processes factory data in real time. Our platform is proven, and we have deployed Genesis to our enterprise-grade customer operations. Genesis has been proven to increase plant uptime while reducing maintenance costs. It’s cognitive diagnostics engines enable junior technicians to do the work of senior techs. Genesis enables real-time continuous monitoring of factory equipment and process data across all plant to increase uptime and reduce associated maintenance costs. The platform technology is based on Georgia Tech research in the IoT/AI/ML verticals that has produced proprietary data modeling algorithms and methodologies driving automated decision science frameworks. Offices at Tech Square, 5th Street, mid-town Atlanta.
We are seeking junior engineers from a variety of disciplines who have a passion for applying their engineering skills to analyze customer operations for the deployment our Artificial Intelligence platform. Applicants are required to have some training and/or experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Manufacturing systems
- Equipment/machine design
- Quality and reliability
- Engineering statistics
- Computing and intelligence tools such as Machine Learning, Data Mining, and Artificial Intelligence
Applicant will join an accomplished analytics team serving world-class manufacturing operations. You will use your engineering expertise (one or more of the bullets above) to help the team analyze customer operations, build and refine models for predictive and prescriptive analytics solutions. You will be expected to use their expertise to interpret structured, semi structured and unstructured data sets in context of the equipment or maintenance process being monitored. You will determine and extract the relevant features in customer data, and use these features to train Genesis’ machine learning models. If qualified, they can also investigate advanced techniques in statistical modeling with the goal of enhancing the platform and its algorithms. Applicants should have strong skills in explaining and interpreting analytic outputs in the context of the equipment and process involved. While working on our projects, you will be expected to gain domain knowledge of customer, their equipment and process.
- Lead efforts to identify and assemble relevant data sources pertaining plant operations, maintenance, reliability and condition monitoring.
- Utilize knowledge of equipment/machine design and engineering to understand equipment reliability and use enabling software tools from Genesis platform to guide exploratory data analysis for defining and extracting appropriate data features that can be used to provide a precise state-of-health of the equipment and its critical components.
- Travel to plant sites and gain a solid understanding of the customer’s manufacturing operations, equipment, and data sources.
- Manage data onboarding processes from customer sites into Genesis platform. Work with software team to provide engineering insights into the industrial data and guidance for data unification processes.
- Eventually lead efforts in remote fault detection and diagnostics.
- Interface, evaluate, and establish customer and vendor partnerships.
- Work with project management to maintain scope, schedule, and budget.
- BSc or MS in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Aerospace, or Chemical)
- Strong programming skills in a computer language, preferably python
- Fluent in English
- US citizen, or visa in place that permits you to work in US
- Location in Atlanta, or willing to relocate
- Great analytical thought process for resolving software problems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within development teams
- Driven to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Passion for delivering high quality technical solutions
- A natural enthusiasm and ability to learn cutting edge technologies
We are a fast growing company and there is great opportunity for advancement. We will tend to promote from within because the expertise you will acquire around AI/ML will make you uniquely qualified!
- Competitive base salary
- Eligible for annual bonus based on company performance
- Stock options
- Flexible paid ten vacation days, five personal days and five holidays
- Medical insurance, United Health Care Platinum Plan
- Dental insurance
- Maternity leave
- High growth organization, rapid advancement opportunities, merit based
- Highly collaborative, positive, friendly work culture